Tabernacle Baptist Church was founded on September 10, 1910. The first building was dedicated in February of 1914. As the church grew, new property was needed to handle the many ministries. The current property at Academy and Holmes was purchased in 1955 and the new building was dedicated on October 5th, 1958. As God blessed the ministries of Tabernacle, the church expanded into the surrounding cities. East Park Community Church (now Hyde Park Baptist Church), founded in 1966, was the first of two church plants started from TBC. A second church, Fellowship Baptist of Highland, was planted in 1969. Over the years, additional classrooms, offices, and a fellowship hall were added to the current building. Our school, Tabernacle Christian Academy, opened in 1974 and quickly filled all available space. This led to further expansion with the addition of a new 3500 square-foot wing of classrooms in 2002. We are grateful for God’s continued hand of blessing upon our church. Even as the community and the world around us is in a constant state of change, our goal to exalt Christ and to reach others with the glorious gospel of grace remains unchanged!